We are thrilled to unveil the winners of the “Europe 40 Under 40®” for 2020, the world’s rising figures in the field of architecture and design and their stand-out and out of box projects.
It is crucial to keep an insightful vision even during such harsh Pandemic-times. This way we continue to raise hope for a better future in the design and architecture community worldwide.
Without further ado, The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies and The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design are pleased to announce the selection of the most promising and emerging architectural and design talents in Europe for 2020.
Spread across Europe, the selected young recipients for the 2020 “Europe 40 Under 40®” come from the laureates selected for 2020 who provide an insight into the architectural scene in Europe are in alphabetical order and per country the following:
- BastienBeguier, Baíto Architects – France
- ValentinBernard, LA SODA – France
- Pierre Janin, FABRIQUES architectures paysages – France
- Djamel Kara, Ropa&Associes Architectes – France
- Hélène Latour, LA SODA – France
- SébastienMagrez, Atelier MIMA – France
- Nicolas Mallet, Mallet Morales – France
- AntoineMichaud, Atelier MIMA – France
- ClementMiglierina, elua® – France
- Guillaume Ramillien, Guillaume Ramillien Architecture – France
- Yvain Renard, Architecture Office Yvain RENARD – France
- Diego Romero, DEMAIN architecture paysage – France
- Benjamin Van Den Bulcke, BVA / ATP – France
- Illiana Kerestetzi, mold architects – Greece
- Mado Samiou, Mado Samiou Architecture – Greece
- Tamás Deilinger, Group Dyer – Hungary/United Kingdom
- Balázs Domokos, Group Dyer – Hungary
- Matteo Defendini, DEFENDINI ARCHITECTS – Italy
- Danilo Petta, Danilo Petta – Mask Architects – Italy
- Peter Pichler, Peter Pichler Architecture – Italy
- Paolo Uboldi, UP-A Uboldi Paolo Architetti srl – Italy
- Mateusz Górnik, Gornik Architects – Poland
- Andrzej Truszczyński ,TKHolding – Poland
- Maria João Andrade, MJARC arquitectos lda – Portugal
- Darius Reznek, Karres en Brands – Romania
- Sebastian Nagy, sebastian nagy architects, s.r.o – Slovakia
- Jorge Cobo Susperregui, COBO Architecture – Spain
- Miguel Crespo Picot, Zooco Estudio – Spain
- Javier Guzmán Benito, Zooco Estudio – Spain
- EnriqueJerez, Jerez Arquitectos – Spain
- Sixto Martín Martínez, Zooco Estudio – Spain
- Jordi Pimas Megias, studio1984 – Spain/France
- Julius Taminiau, Julius Taminiau Architects – The Netherlands
- Robbert Jan Van Der Veen, ECHO Urban Design – The Netherlands
- Ant Vervoort, Frankie Pappas International – The Netherlands
- Emre Açar, ACARARCH – Turkey
- Kemal Serkan Demir, Office Istanbul Architects – Turkey
- Mennan Elmacı, Elmaci Architects – Turkey
- Burak Pekoglu, BINAA, Building INnovation Arts Architecture – Turkey
- Chloe Humphreys, The Landscape Studio – United Kingdom
THE SELECTION PROCESS
We are proud and honored to announce this year’s Europe 40 Under 40 Awards’ Jury and our collaboration with the Academic Members of the Department of Architecture of the Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic.
The forty architects and designers of 2020 were selected after careful evaluation of each of their projects by prestigious architects, professors at the Czech Technical University (CTU) – Department of Architecture in Prague, Czech Republic.
More specifically, the Jury consisted of the following four acclaimed academic members:
- Doc. Ing. arch. Luboš Knytl
- Arch. Marco Maio
- Ing. arch. Jan Šabart
- Doc. Ing. arch., Lenka Popelová
For more information about the jury please follow the link:
The European Centre | The 2020 Europe40under40 Jury (europeanarch.eu)
THE PROGRAM “EUROPE 40 UNDER 40®”
The “EUROPE 40 UNDER 40®” is an annual program initiated by The European Centre to spotlight and distinguish the next generation of architects and designers who will impact future living and working environments, cities, and rural areas. It is an annual celebration of innovation and creativity.
The program is open to all young architects, landscape architects, urban planners, and industrial designers currently under the age of 40, working independently, in a firm, or on a specific project as the lead designers.
EXHIBITION & PUBLICATION
All winning projects will be featured in the exhibition titled “40 Young European Architects with New Visions” that will take place in November 2021 in Athens, Greece, at the EUROPEAN CENTRE (74 Mitropoleos Str.). Both the dates and the duration of the exhibition will be announced shortly.
A special edition based on the show will also be published by the Metropolitan Arts Press featuring the Next New Talented Generation of European Architects and Designers for 2020 and will be available internationally to archi-lovers all around the world.
More information about the architects and designer’s bios and projects please visit:
The European Centre | 40UNDER40 2020 Winners Bio (europeanarch.eu)
THANK YOU NOTE
For another year, that has been difficult on a global scale because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Europe 40 Under 40 Awards presenting Europe’s rising figures in the field of architecture and design is what gives us hope for a better tomorrow.
As an organization, we would like to thank every entrant that submitted their project in this year’s program, and the Jury members who devoted their time and energy to distinguish the industry’s best-rising talents.
Source and Credits
Mrs. Konstadina Geladaki
The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies
Tel: +30-210 3428511, Email: [email protected]