Day 13 | Summing up Computational Design and its uses in design disciplines.
Posted on: July 16th, 2020
- Day 11 | Learn to animate in grasshopper: Task 1, 2 & 3
- Day 10 | Introduction to Luchbox
- Day 9 | Introduction to Ladybug, Task 1 & 2
- Day 8 | Introduction to Weavebird, Task 1, 2 & 3
- Day 7 | Introduction to Elk, Task 1 & 2
- Day 5 | Learning more about Grasshopper, Task 1, 2 & 3
- Day 6 | Learning more about Grasshopper, Task 1, 2 & 3
- Day 4 | Introduction to Grasshopper: Task 1& 2
- Day 3 | Introduction to Grasshopper: Excersize 2
- Day 3 | to Grasshopper: Excersize 1
- Day 2 | Introduction to Grasshopper
- Day 1 | Furniture Design: Introduction to Rhino 6
- Day 1 | Introduction to Rhino 6
- Day 4 | Introduction to Grasshopper: Task 3
- Day 5 | Learning more about Grasshopper, Task 4 & 5
- Day 13 | Summing up Computational Design and its uses in design disciplines.
- WORKSHOP @Archidiaries | Testimonials | Introduction to Computational Design
This was the last session of the workshop. It was to generate discussion on the understanding of the use of the various interfaces used in the field of computational design and its applications in Design discipline. Students shared their thoughts on the same after learning the interface. The discussion led Adnan (Tutor), onto an agreeable conclusion where it was charted based on the observations into three broad categories of computational design practices in the field of design around the world in current times. The categories are:
Form Based / Fluid design
Plugins- Kangaroo, Tspline
Firms- ICD, SCI Arc, Zaha Hadid, BIG
Fabric / Material Exploration
Plugin- Lunchbox, Weaverbird
Firms- Neri Oxman, Arup Engineers.
Data Based/ Human Behaviour
Plugin-Ladybug, Elk, Lunchbox, Octopus, Galapagos
Firm- Arup Engineer, Zaha Hadid
Further it was made clearer for the students on the use of various plugins by categorizing it into the above three categories.
The diagram showing the broad categorization of the practice of computational design, interface used and firms practicing it around the world.